What is Lent?
According to the books of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Lent is an important liturgical holiday that commemorates Jesus’ forty days of fasting in the desert before the start of his public ministry, during which time he was tempted by Satan.
Religions differ in how many days they count toward Lent, although it is usually declared that Lent lasts for 40 days. Within Western churches, Lent begins on Ash Wednesday and finishes around six weeks later.
The last day is determined by both regional tradition and the Christian religious sect. Lent typically concludes on either Maundy Thursday or Holy Saturday.
What is Ash Wednesday?
The day of worship and fasting for Christians is Ash Wednesday. It takes place on the very first day of Lent. Ash Wednesday has historically been observed by Western Christians.
Roman Catholics, Anglicans, Moravians, Methodists, Lutherans, and numerous Reformed believers all observe it.
As the first day of Lent, Ash Wednesday, many Christians begin their 40-day ritual by setting a Lenten calendar, reciting a Lenten day prayer, and selecting a Lenten penance that they will not engage in until the Eastertide.
Ash Wednesday Memes 2022
1. When the priest knows you’re a hoe and it’s Ash Wednesday
A pleasant surprise.
2. Now you see how art is being created
3. Soot up!
4. Guess what day is it!
5. Ash Wednesday? Burn it!!
What is illegal about that?
6. Happy Ash Wednesday!
7. Am I pretty?
Oh, you have some dirt on your forehead.
8. Happy Ash Wednesday v2!
9. The best priest
10. Oh, you’re Catholic…
11. The realization that there is just one week left till lent
12. Its Ash Wednesday
Gotta Catch ‘Em All!
13. Catholics be like
14. Catholics, Ash Wednesday fasting and Valentine’s day
15. One does not simply
16. Is there something on my forehead?
17. A Catholic guide to Ashes, extended edition
18. Are you prepared?
19. Back by popular demand
Hooray, we waited!
20. On Wednesdays girls wear ashes
21. Just pray it!
22. Is Lent almost over?
Give me something to eat already!
23. I don’t always crave meat, but when I do it’s a Friday of Lent
24. IT’S LENT!!
Don’t you dare do that…
25. Ash me outside, how bow dat
26. Of course, how could we not insert Roll Safe
This guy is a genius
27. Just one more… Then I start Lent
Always take food with you!
28. My dudes when did Ash Wednesday start
29. I had to say the two hardest words of my life today: NO BACON
It’s really hard to say those words ;(
30. Ash Wednesday getting a little out of control
Just a little bit too much